Thursday, May 31, 2018

refrigerator 6

INDEX to the series

Update on my refrigerator energy usage - NEW refrigerator uses less than half compared with the OLD refrigerator. [click the graph to enlarge]

Refrigerator numbers at the tops of the bars are measured total kWh per month.

As I wrote in refrigerator 5, the OLD refrigerator was in service until the end of October. The month of November usage is missing a week so that value is low.

Now that I have seven months of data for the NEW refrigerator I can be more confident of the data and the improvement.

If you don't measure, you don't know.

I measure my refrigerator electric usage using an inexpensive plug in energy monitor. I have been using several different models and will have an update with some observations shortly.

I continue to inhibit this appliance during peak energy cost periods.

Thanks for your interest,

George Plhak
Lion's Head, Ontario, Canada

INDEX to the series

No comments: