Saturday, May 30, 2015

reader projects 3

Occasionally I hear from readers who have built the unique parabolic solar heater in my book. Here are two recent examples for your inspiration.

The first is in Iran, built by Ehsan Saifali at the Isfahan Science and Technology Town (web address). He writes that the "purpose of our unit is a research work on solar hot water and desalination and thermal and concentrating photovoltaic".

The second is in Argentina, built by Pablo Peshiutta. Pablo has done an excellent job adapting the design for local materials. He could not locate the turntable bearings, so used roller bearings and a clever arrangement to rotate the reflectors.

You can see previous reader projects here and here.

I am very interested in hearing from you if you have built one of these systems and used my book for inspiration.

You can see background on my project here and you can buy my book at georgesworkshop.ca. Your purchase of my book helps support my work.

Thank you for your interest,

George Plhak
Lion's Head, Ontario, Canada

reader projects
reader project 0
reader project 1
reader project 2
reader project 3 this article
reader project 4
reader project 5
reader project 6

No comments: