Saturday, December 10, 2016

conservation

INDEX to the series

Isn't conservation/reduction the real issue?

Would you be willing to share your results with me? Compare yourself to me and the rest of the world with one number. I found it surprising since I have a leaky crappy old house with lots of old appliances and no electric car. It doesn't matter the source (solar/wind/etc) or where you got it, just the usage side, what you used.

It is easy to do. On your bill, you find your total KWh for the month, go back 12 months and add them up. Then divide your result by what you consider to be your household size (that could be interesting for some households).

It is per person. You compare yourself to the rest of the world with ONE NUMBER? It doesn't take a lot of effort.

I need to test this. Comment below with your one number and if it surprises you? A few words if you like but be brief, I am asking for yes/no and the number. I am curious. You know mine.

A link to the ICTSD report. This chart is from Chapter 1, Fig 1.4, page 7. I haven't read the whole thing.

Thanks for your interest.

George Plhak
Lion's Head, ON

INDEX to the series

1 comment:

George Plhak said...

The problem is that there are other electrical users in Canada and the US like industry and government, besides ourselves powering our individual homes. If I was generating my own 5,000KWh/yr/person, perhaps I would be sustainable and ethical at this level but I "use" the products of the other users as a Canadian. Conversations with friends shows them placing to the right or to the left of me. An interesting comparison still.